Slamaroo bonefish fly

acflyfisherse

I recently took a trip to the bay islands of Honduras and fished the east end of Roatan for 6 days. We caught lots of bonefish and had some incredible shots at permit and ended up hooking one but he spit the fly. However, the entire time I was there my guide kept saying that the best fly was a slamaroo. I have looked on the internet for it and have found very little on the fly and was wondering if anyone had any info on how to tie it and with what materials.

Slamaroo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location's are the Keys and the Bahamas..... Hook- 2, 4, or 6..... Thread- Brown monocord..... Tail- six to eight strands of krystal flash..... Body- six to eight strands of Krystal flash wrapped on Shank..... Wing/Legs- 4 to 8 strands of tan silly legs and 2 to 4 strands of white rubber legs, bared with brown or orange markers..... Eyes- Lead barbell or bead chain.... Head- Medium tan chenille.... More details in Brown's book and designed by Lenny Moffo.

1240168079-dsc00277_1_.jpg.d2ab514862a45

Archived