Front Casting Platform

Drummer

Does anybody have experience using a front casting platform? Pluses and minuses? Last weekend my wife stated she sure wished she could see the fish better. With me on the poling platform I could see them like crazy. So, as a good husband and fishing partner, I am looking for a solution. She's only 5'4", and yes she has good sunglasses. All thoughts appreciated. 

2 hours ago, hurricane said:

Yes they are a great benefit, and as Fin said get rod holders added. Only draw back is, it takes up deck space, sometimes makes it hard if you throw a cast net.  I recommend getting one as small and as tall as you feel comfortable standing on.

I'll agree with it getting in the way of cast netting.  I have a cleat port and starboard on the rear deck where I will move the platform to for easier cast netting 

Most times I use mine and I very much like the added visability plus I like extra height when tossing a fly.  It makes a good bow seat for folks with limited balance.   Only 2 negatives: in the way when throwing cast net and doesn't allow me to open anchor locker all the way.   Pluses outweigh negatives for me

Archived