Sun Glasses

YankeeRedfisher

Any recommendations on prescription sunglasses? I have a pair of Costa Pescadors with the amber lens that have held up well for over 5 years - except for replacing the arms a couple of years ago. At the time, there were very few lens choices for prescriptions (580 was not available in prescription).

Most of my fishing is sight fishing on shallow grass flats.

My prescription has changed so time for a new pair.

Been fishing Smith Parallel's for 5 years now.  Costa's prior to that.  I have 6 sets of lenses, 4 of which are polarized.  I switch lenses depending on light conditions.  Almost all of my fishing is inshore and I'm constantly looking at the bottom, so contrast is the most important factor.  Copper seems to be mated to the frames most often, but I sometimes switch to yellow in the morning/evening and Brown on occasion.  On my last trip to the Keys, I noticed that the Yellow and Copper lenses had delaminated on the backside and Smith replaced them for free.  Good service.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried Costa's, Smith, Suncloud, and Calcutta. I keep coming back to the Calcutta glasses. Currently wearing the Smoker frames with blue lenses. The fit great, clear as a bell, and last. And they only cost me $20+  I refuse to ever wear another pair of Costa's after the horrible customer service on multiple pairs of glasses.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived