21MA on THT

Island Style

Wow..that's the cleanest MA I have ever seen that was not brand new. The foot of the motor still has paint on it !! That's unheard of around these parts where i fish. I'd love to have it, but If I bring another boat here, the wife would leave. Wait : maybe that's not a bad idea after all.....

07 F225. Just a thought, if anyone is interested make sure the exhaust and mid section has been rebuilt and oil pump replaced.  Prime year for corrosion issues.  If it hasn't been done, it needs to be inspected by a certified Yamaha tech with four stroke experience to check integrity. 

3 hours ago, Lap it Up said:

07 F225. Just a thought, if anyone is interested make sure the exhaust and mid section has been rebuilt and oil pump replaced.  Prime year for corrosion issues.  If it hasn't been done, it needs to be inspected by a certified Yamaha tech with four stroke experience to check integrity. 

Im the owner and it has zero exhaust, oil, or corrosion issues, its a 9 year old motor for christ sake you really think it would last this long with  1000 hours ...just a thought. The boat is turn key and taken care of.

3 hours ago, Lap it Up said:

also 04-05 were the "prime" years for issues 

57 minutes ago, Neptune58 said:

Im the owner and it has zero exhaust, oil, or corrosion issues, its a 9 year old motor for christ sake you really think it would last this long with  1000 hours ...just a thought. The boat is turn key and taken care of.

I don't think he meant it in a bad way at all. It is common practice to have F225 scoped and inspected. They are great engines, but just like any purchase he was telling them to take a look at something that had the potential to be an issue on some engines, not all.  You will find this forum isn't like a lot of other boating forums and everyone is really supportive and rarley negative about a sellers post or offering.  

Your boat looks really clean and you can tell it was meticulously maintained! GLWS

7 minutes ago, flatwater said:

I don't think he meant it in a bad way at all. It is common practice to have F225 scoped and inspected. They are great engines, but just like any purchase he was telling them to take a look at something that had the potential to be an issue on some engines, not all.  You will find this forum isn't like a lot of other boating forums and everyone is really supportive and rarley negative about a sellers post or offering.  

Your boat looks really clean and you can tell it was meticulously maintained! GLWS

I understand completely what he was saying. I'm a marine mechanic and own a yacht service company out of St. Pete. I'm very aware of the issues the older 4 strokes had but, rest assured everyone this motor has no issues and has been Maintained. Same thing goes with opti's I had an 04 225 with 1800 hours with zero compressor issues its all about maintenance.  Thanks again. 

15 minutes ago, Lap it Up said:

I'm a tech as well.  Your pictures are nice and I'm sure it's in great shape. I was just making people aware, that's all.  I've owned and worked on many.  They all have their quirks. GLWS. It's my favorite MBC hull 

No problem I appreciate it.

Archived