1998 Bayfisher

MtPVOL

I have been checking this site for over a year 5-6 times a day because everyone is so knowledgeable and helpful.

Any thoughts on on this boat before I make a 10 hour (one way) drive?   It looks very clean I've only really looked at Bonefishers and refisher don't know a whole lot about the Bayfishers.

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/5687163591.html

Obviously not mine.  

1st I suggest you get full size detailed pics of every aspect of the boat before Id consider that long of a drive.  Those pics aren't great quality given the lighting.  Ive drove and looked at enough boats to know that a boat can look great in pics as shown in that add but get there and its a different story.

As someone who has sold an 18' bayfisher (1997) in tip top shape on a way better aluminum trailer I think that price is a bit high for that boat.

I had a 97' 16 Bayfisher, great boat. Sold it like 7-8 years ago, for $9500 and based on these pics I think my boat was in a little better shape. Galvanized trailer is a big turn off for me, you will have to replace it in a few years. I think its overpriced, but not a bad starting point. I think like 8K would be realistic sale price. But it could be worth the drive. I would plan some other reason to make the drive along with seeing the boat. Just in case the boat doesn't work out, the trip wasn't a waste. Mini vacation, maybe go to the Keys. 

Also Im very caution about buying stuff outta Miami, I lived there for 30 years.  

Look at this, it might be 5 hours closer. http://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/boa/5640406845.html

Had same boat that was in very good shape on brand new trailer.  2 years ago sold for $10,500. Hard to tell, looks like bad lighting but  I think hurricane is pretty close with the $8k on that one.  Honestly with today's technology, I wouldn't be driving 10 hours without getting a much better view of what I'm driving for.

I know the 98 bayfisher in and out, had one. and a 2000.  Hurricane I looked at the one you had a link to and I would be very careful.  These boats in pristine shape should bring 10.5 to 11,  My rule of thumb is if it has been listed for more than a week something is wrong with rig or the price is too high. MtPVOL be patient and good luck with your search.  A good one is hard to find and sells very quick.

Archived