Cedar Key stuff to do

justfish

I guess the new thing to do is a "babymoon" before having your first baby ¬¬  so wifey and I have booked a few nights in cedar key just cause we've always heard good things about it and it's hopefully it's close enough to get back should we need to. Probably not taking boat cause it's more of a relaxing trip than fishing trip and  are looking for any recommendations for things to do, places to see, good food, and maybe some bars where she can watch me drink a few cold ones. 

Thnaks in advance 

Went up there a while back on a Tuesday, one of those day trip things, almost every store was closed.Seems like a Tuesday thing. Was able to find one restaurant out by the water that was open that served good food and cold beer, so not all was lost. 

Be sure one night to check out Tony's restaurant. World famous clam chowder. It's *** good.  Really not a lot to do, a perfect place to relax.  Walk the Main Street hit the stores and you have done it all.  Go have a good time before your life really changes(for the good).

11 hours ago, Day5fishing said:

Be sure one night to check out Tony's restaurant. World famous clam chowder. It's *** good.  Really not a lot to do, a perfect place to relax.  Walk the Main Street hit the stores and you have done it all.  Go have a good time before your life really changes(for the good).

Right on. Relaxing is the focus of this trip. Will check out Tony's thank you

There are several waterfront restaurants and shops next to the launching basin.  Nice views of the water and cold beer.  Should be live music too if you're there on a weekend.  Some small art galleries along the main road in town.  Some of the motels rent golf carts you can cruise around in also.

Archived