Livewell Pick Up on 1806V - Need Help

chaz adams

Attaching a picture of the current setup from the previous owner's livewell pickup.  It will not pick up on plane.  Looking for any suggestions or if you have solved this before.

I am getting no water pickup at plane.  The pickup is just above the step hull, owner had the EZ Pump attachment on there.  Was trying to avoid drilling another hole in the boat, but need to find any type of solution.  Thank so much for any help.  Attaching a picture.

DSC_0007.jpg

What SCFD said.  That pic hanging looks like a recipe for getting ripped off... I had one of those transom scoops on my Hewes and worked fine, you just had to adjust it to be right below the edge of hull.  Only issue I had with it was it wouldn't prime until you got some water forced in pickup.  

On 7/31/2016 at 10:09 AM, justfish said:

What SCFD said.  That pic hanging looks like a recipe for getting ripped off... I had one of those transom scoops on my Hewes and worked fine, you just had to adjust it to be right below the edge of hull.  Only issue I had with it was it wouldn't prime until you got some water forced in pickup.  

I had this problem and I moved my EZ scoop down so a corner of it was just hanging below the edge of the hull as SCFD and justfish suggested.  However this did NOT fix the problem and I still suffered from major airlock issues.  

After one too many bait die offs, I decided to fix it once and for all.  This weekend, I am getting my entire livewell replumbed including a bronze scoop that will be mounted on the bottom of the hull and a shurflo bait sentry pump (anti-airlock).  I was assured I'd never have to worry about anything but replacing fried pumps after this modification.

I also have issues running in chop with well water and baits sloshing over the lip of the livewell through a gap between the lip and the top rim.  I am having my guy seal up this gap with some special marine foam to prevent water from draining into and through my center console.

14 hours ago, harbday said:

I had this problem and I moved my EZ scoop down so a corner of it was just hanging below the edge of the hull as SCFD and justfish suggested.  However this did NOT fix the problem and I still suffered from major airlock issues.  

After one too many bait die offs, I decided to fix it once and for all.  This weekend, I am getting my entire livewell replumbed including a bronze scoop that will be mounted on the bottom of the hull and a shurflo bait sentry pump (anti-airlock).  I was assured I'd never have to worry about anything but replacing fried pumps after this modification.

I also have issues running in chop with well water and baits sloshing over the lip of the livewell through a gap between the lip and the top rim.  I am having my guy seal up this gap with some special marine foam to prevent water from draining into and through my center console.

Harbday,  maybe you could take some step by step photos of the process.  They would be invaluable to many on the forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived