Lots of MBC boats

johnd

West to scollop on Sunday..launched at ramp, immediately see nice Maverick and guys call out "nice boat" to me. "You too" I say, we laugh.    Turn corner and another Redfisher. Tied up next to 2015 Pathy (beautiful boat). Must have seen 6 MBC boats on Crystal River in last few days.

You all need to count your blessings down there.  We don't see many MBC boats up here.  We see a lot of ugly Carolina Skiff (sorry to any CS owners!) and other flat bottomed monstrosities.  True flats skiffs are such eye candy!  We'll see a few pathy's, the occasional Hewes, and once in a VERY blue moon we see a newer maverick.  But the only other guy that had an MA around here had the nerve to let a stupid tree fall on it.  

I swear, you just can't find reliable people anymore. :)

21 hours ago, johnd said:

West to scollop on Sunday..launched at ramp, immediately see nice Maverick and guys call out "nice boat" to me. "You too" I say, we laugh.    Turn corner and another Redfisher. Tied up next to 2015 Pathy (beautiful boat). Must have seen 6 MBC boats on Crystal River in last few days.

Sounds like the Boca Grande/Placida area. I'm convinced there was a free giveaway sweepstakes for 22 Pathfinders 

Last time I was in CR I said the same thing about shearwaters. Don't know why, but they seemed to be everywhere. I've never seen so many. 

Lots of mbc boats as always. If I'm not mistaken they are putting out over 1200 boats a year! 

I agree with lap it up, if you don't have either a tunnel hull or a 22 pathfinder in boca grade area you are an outsider. Lol

Archived