New to the Pathfinder family

JeffD

I am new to the Pathfinder family as i just purchased a 2016 2300HPS.  I must say that I am really impressed with the ride, comfort ,layout and quality of the 2300HPS.  My previous boat was a Skeeter ZX2200 and I feel the Pathfinder is a much better boat.    I am also impressed with the information that is available to new owners on this forum.  After installing my electronics, HDS12 at the console, HDS 7 at the bow, I noticed that I couldn't pick up a bottom signal at any speed over an idle.  The thru hull transducer was installed in the bilge area as done in my previous boats.  When I questioned the installer about the problem, he recognized that the transducer had to be relocated but was unsure of where and could we access where it needed to be located.   He made several attempts at contacting Pathfinder but was unable to find out any info.   I was also unsuccessful at obtaining any info from the dealer I purchased the boat from other than that the transducer had to be located in front of the step. Thankfully, I ran across the "2300 guys" thread and all my questions were answered.  The access point was located under the console and my transducer will be relocated this week.   Thanks to everyone for the wealth of information I have found here.  Looking forward to logging lots of hours in the new boat. 

P.S. Hopefully our inability to obtain info from Pathfinder is an isolated incident. 

Jeff

You will find the Owner (Scott Deal) will periodically answer questions on this forum...And SKIP, who is one of the Administrators constantly answers questions on this forum...I am sorry you did not receive the information more expeditiously...I will make sure "SKIP" sees this post...Congratulations on the new ride  and welcome to the family...

MOD2

Not sure who you talked to at MBG, but Ray in parts in an encyclopedia of info about the Pathfinders.   Make sure you put him in your contact list.  He always tried to help me when I needed info or parts.  You just might have to give him some time to get back to you, as I am sure he stays a little busy.   By the way, welcome to the fold.  I think they build a fine bay boat that will serve you well and hold its value with proper use, care and maintenance.   

Welcome Jeff...  sorry you were not able to get information here which is unusual as we answer questions all day!  Yes, on the step hull boats the transducer needs to be forward of the step, we have the fuel tanks custom built with a "hole" where the transducer goes.

Skip

What kind of install guy didn't know you had to install the thru-hull transducer ahead of the step? Anyway, here is the hole in the tank that Skip was referring to. And a big hole in the hull for the thru-hull. Welcome to the Forum!!  You'll find this forum different than most, different in a good way. Guys really try to help each other, instead of bashing and name calling. Thanks to the Mods for keeping this forum a "family oriented" place.

DSC05740_zps08ff9b2d.jpgDSC05748_zps8e304f4b.jpg

17 minutes ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

What kind of install guy didn't know you had to install the thru-hull transducer ahead of the step? Welcome to the Forum!!  Anyway, here is the hole in the tank that Skip was referring to. And a big hole in the hull for the thru-hull. You can see the step in the second pic. Sorry, double posting here.

DSC05740_zps08ff9b2d.jpgDSC05748_zps8e304f4b.jpg

Archived