Good deal

fishtaco

This seems like an excellent deal but I don't have the knowledge about the boats you all do.  I really just started looking.  

Would the evinrude motor scare you away from this?  I've always been told only buy Yamaha.

This one is only 5 hours away I'm thinking about making that drive   

Wouldn't scare me, those carbed evinrudes were srong and reliable from my understanding.   Just keep in mind the most desireable motor for that boat (and prob any boat in that class) was the 3 cyl Yamaha 90 for the power to weight ratio and reliability. Doesn't mean it's not a good setup.  Seems like a great deal regardless. 

I have owned and worked on a bunch of OMC's.  90's V4's are awesome motors.  The combo wouldn't scare me one bit.  90 Yamaha is very popular and is another lengendary outboard but the V4 90 OMC has more torque and more power because it has more displacement (more cylinders, more torque).  I run a 1988 110 OMC on a 1992 15' Whaler.  Boat runs 59 mph on GPS at 6,100 RPM. Rocket ship.  

With all that said, a boat with a 90's Yamaha normally sells faster and for a little more than an OMC because of the hype.  Use that for negotiations 

Archived