2200V with a new 250SHO

huntingseasonyet

Long time lurker and I haven't contributed enough info, so here we go.

2006 2200V with a Yamaha 200 VMAX, no t top, no jackplate, powertech 3 blade 21. Top speed light 59.7 gps. Loaded 55.0 gps Bought the boat and motor new in 2006 , inshore saltwater, 2 tournaments a month, 10 months a year. The most fun toy I own ! Flushed everytime, Yamalube only, Ringfree everytime. It made it to 857 hours and popped. I priced out the new powerhead and repowering and looked at the new boats. I could not find anything new that I liked as much as my 10 year old Pathfinder. 

The new 250SHO should be in next week, the 2 8' Powerpole blades are here, the Garmin 94SV is here. The old girlfriend will have a new look. Capt. Jeremy Lee was very helpful discussing props as was Marcus Clements at Powertech " Funky Monkey "

I will share performance numbers soon.

Thanks guys. CG, I  read all your info at the time. And yes it sounds I'll be playing the prop game.                                                                                                                            Our bassboat buddies running the heavier Rangers get 75, hope I can break 60 !

Ran the new motor over the weekend and still in the break in period. I'll have numbers soon. After running a boat for 10 years you know how it "feels". The SHO is obviously quieter, lighter, before I trimmed up and added a little tab. Now I don't have to use the tab a much. The boat just "feels" different, in a good way. I've started with a Yamaha pro 3 blade 21M, and will be trying others soon. And oh by the way, my 1 Powerpole was awesome, but 2 poles are life changing. 

Fished all 3 days of the long weekend, 2 guys, Yeti 50 loaded, full tank 60 gallons, and all the misc. fishing stuff. Not perfect prop numbers, but close. The Yamaha pro 21 3 blade slipped a little on turns. Seemed to be a 1 to 1 ratio, 5000 rpm - 50 mph gps, best I saw was 5900 - 59.5 mph gps. The interesting one was the Yamaha VMAX 3 blade 23. On plane in a boat length, no slip on turns. 5000 rpm - 54 mph gps, top was 5900 - 64.5 mph gps. Wind here, chop there, tide running. Prop testing is fun !

Archived