Pathfinder for the Win!

AFE CUMMINS 6.7

On July 22, 2015, I purchased a brand-new 2015 Pathfinder 2300 HPS from Ingman Marine (Placida, FL 33946). The salesperson, Scott, was very informative in presenting the boat and the whole team at Ingman Marine provided an excellent buying experience.  I was absolutely pleased to be in a brand new boat with the expectation of enjoying countless days out on the water.  I pursued Pathfinder boats over all the other brands due to the great information and feedback from previous owners of the brand on the Maverick Boat Group Forum.  The boat looked great and performed well beyond my expectations upon taking delivery of the boat. 

Well ownership of boats can be challenging at times when scheduling services and taking care of warranty issues.  When these challenges presented themselves Maverick Boat Group was always there standing behind their product and providing some of the finest customer service I have encountered.  The team over at Maverick Boat Group Inc. handled a recent warranty claim where my boat needed to be shipped to their facility on the East Coast from where I resided on the Gulf Coast.  My boat sits on lift at home and I have no use for a trailer.  What does Maverick Boat Group do?  They pick my boat up from my local dealer and ship it over to their facility.  The repairs were not due to any manufacturing defects on their behalf, but rather that of a vendor supplied item on the boat.  Ray over at Maverick Boat Group was in constant communication in regards to the status of the repairs and oversight on quality control of the repairs.  He expressed that he actually refused the first repair from the vendor and had them go back to rebuild the supplied item.  Ray was apologetic in regards to the length of time the boat was down due to the repair.  This delay was for good reason, as he was not allowing the vendor to provide an inferior level of quality that was unbecoming of what Pathfinder boats demands.  I felt like Ray was handling the repairs of the boat as if it was his boat and that assured me that he cared that much in regards to the repairs.  I firmly believe that this company is “Angler Driven.”  They listen to the customer and develop great products for the customer.  Maverick Boat Group has definitely won me as a customer for life!

8 hours ago, hurricane said:

Great stuff and nice write up.

Just wondering if could tell us what the item was that was defective? No need to mention the manufacturer just the item/component or its function.

If I mentioned the defective item it would identify the manufacture, which is why I did not disclose.  I will say that the manufacture was responsive to repairing the item and from my understanding has made some design changes to ensure this does not happen again.  My apologies for not disclosing, but from my experience, my dealers experience, and that of Ray from Pathfinder, this is not an occurrence of this product from this manufacture. That being said I err on the side of caution  for the manufacture and choose not to elicit any negative representation of the manufacture.  

Archived