Livewell Drain Fitting Replacement

plainsman5

I have a 2004 2200v and the elbow going from the livewell drain hose to the bottom of the boat cracked yesterday while fishing.  Has anyone replaced this before and is there anything in particular I should be concerned with?  I had to remove the 1-1/2" male fitting that was mounted to the bottom of the boat.  Should I replace the hose as well because I don't think it's possible to find the same exact parts for replacements.   Thanks for any info.

Jason

Well, your hose is 12 years old, so I'd replace it. Use "Boat-Life" white caulking on all connections (threaded connections and barbed connections) and buy quality S/S hose clamps. You can use a heat gun to shape the hose like you want. Buying a longer drain hose and routing it differently can free-up access and clutter in the bilge. When you say, "I had to remove the 1 1/2" male fitting that was mounted to the bottom of the boat", do you mean you removed the bronze thru-hull fitting?

SCFD,

Thank You for the response.  The thru-hull was plastic, not bronze.  I removed it because over time the elements had thinned out the plastic, hence the reason it split.  I can only imagine how different things are done on the newer pathfinders compared to mine.  I'm not complaining, just interested to see the evolution of then and now.  I will take some pics and upload. 

You really need to replace the plastic stuff with Bronze (Bronze thru-hull and Bronze shut-off, better known as a seacock. Get all your parts, plan your work and install everything in one work session. The reason for installing everything at one time is that the caulking takes a few days to permanently set-up. So, if you install the thru-hull one day, then wait a day or two to install the hose, you might brake the caulking seal on previously install parts.    

Archived