Thinking bout buying

cboham30

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/boa/5737883330.html

This boat is on Craigslist  and was posted on here. It got some traffic for a while then the owner dropped the price to 27k and thereally was no more traffic on his post here. What do you guys think is a fair offer or does this look like a decent price. I know the hours may scare some people off at 780hrs. The boat looks really clean and well taken care of. Any input would be great

I had a 200 2.6 hpdi.  Loved it.  Would see if owner has service records.  Pending this info, if you do buy the boat I suggest a basic servicing it yourself for a baseline.  Nor would I be scared of those hours.  A sitting Hpdi with low hrs is worse imo.   I suggest making sure everything works, water test, etc.  Regarding price, its what its worth to you.  My style of negotiation is to make an offer worthy of consideration, and come up a little.  When I bought my 2001 22pf, I showed up w a cashiers check already made to the owner, slightly less than what I would be happy paying.  Came up a few hundred, so everyone had a good taste, and drove off with the boat.  Do whats good for you.

Rich

45 minutes ago, Miss Jazzy said:

Like mentioned above get the motor checked and go for a test ride and check everything out. I've got the same motor with about that same hours and mine runs flawlessly. Still getting around 2.8 mpg. Boat is priced fair if it shows good. 

x2, on this, good luck, fin

20 minutes ago, DonV said:

Don't want to be to "nit picky" here, but the trailer looks to be about two feet short. Other than that looks real clean. As the other gentlemen said, double check the engine.

Everyone has an opinion, but it appears to me that the boat fits the trailer just right.  The bunks appear to go all the way to the stern.  The wheels look like they are positioned just right under the boat.  The tongue is plenty long.  I don't see any problem at all with the trailer.......

I'd be much more concerned about age and hours if it were a four stroke.  The 2.6L is a very good engine.  Have the ECU scanned and do a compression check.  The boat appears to be very clean and the TE model fetches more coin.  I'd say he is priced just right so it's not a "deal" but you won't be over paying if he holds at asking price. 

5 hours ago, DonV said:

Don't want to be to "nit picky" here, but the trailer looks to be about two feet short. Other than that looks real clean. As the other gentlemen said, double check the engine.

I went back and took another look, and I see what you are talking about now.  The aluminum I beams look to stop several feet in front of the transom, when they should carry on back a couple of more feet. 

3 hours ago, JEM said:

I went back and took another look, and I see what you are talking about now.  The aluminum I beams look to stop several feet in front of the transom, when they should carry on back a couple of more feet. 

Yeah that's how I saw it, which makes the center of the tires too far toward the middle of the boat versus the rear. I would have liked to see the "guide ons" closer the the "P" in Pathfinder. If there is too much weight to the rear you will get "fish tailing" when towing at high speeds, not good. It might be balanced OK, just something I noticed. However it's still a real clean looking outfit!!

• 2 weeks later...

So let me tell you about my day today dealing with this seller. We came to an agreement on the boat last week to buy it for 25500 which I thought was fair price for both 

parties. I was going to buy the boat last Sunday until he told me last minute that he still had a note with the bank. He wanted me to come sun and leave my 25k with him then he would go to the bank for pay off and have the title sent to me. I said I would rather do it all in one day so we can go to the bank together and get all the paper work done. So is busy during the week so I said I will come up first thing sat morning when I get off shift. Im FF in Tampa area. He agreed and we had a deal. So he text me last night to check in and make sure we are still on and I said yes I will be bringing 25k cash with me in the am. I text him at 715am to let him know I was leaving Tampa, he is in Jacksonville by the way,  3h 30m drive. He said everything is good.  I was on 301 in the waldo area about 1h 10min from him when he says "I have a emergency i have to go across town to help my boss. Can you take your time.  I said I'm a hour away and I have nowhere to go. He says he will hurry back just grab breakfast and I will pay for it. I told him I already ate can I just look at the boat and wait for you, he replied, Sure !  I got the address where the boat was supposed to be and it was not there. I text to see where the boat is and got no answer. I got a phone call a few min later from him. He said I am out in the boat doing a sea trial with someone else right now and I could hang out for a few hours to see if the deal goes through with them. I said Are you kidding me?  We had a deal and if had someone else was coming you should have been honest so I didn't waste 7hrs on my day off driving for nothing.  By the way it was my best friends daughter's 3rd BDay today and my family and friends were there including my 3yr old daughter which I hadn't seen for 48 hrs due to work. Everyone there are fishermen, so they said Go get the boat.. Another person called last night. He told them he had a person coming to buy it for 25k and they came from Tampa as well. They beat me there by 2hrs, offered him 2k more than me. Which is fine: It's business,  But this seller was stringing me along and deceiving me and had me drive 7hrs for absolutely no reason. Everyone just remember; other people have lives too and just be honest when it comes to things like this.

I dont see why this post had to be had to be edited lol. There were no cuss words in it all. Kind weird to me me that we are all grown men but still need to be censored. What happened to  freedom of speech.  Anyway thanks to all who commented.  I will continue my search for pathy  22 TE. I have a 92 mav  masterling angler that I will be putting up for sale soon. Garage kept and in great shape. Stay tuned. Again thanks for the replies. 

We live in a free Country, allright. But we don't care to have schoolyard arguments here.

You typed your reply when you were angry. The grammar and spelling were hard on the eye, and the tone of the post.. set up to start a fight.

The Classified Sale Section is a great convenience for owners and buyers to share info on boats they want, and boats they wish to sell. Please keep it civil for everyone.

M-1

Archived