Mate series rod/cup holder

CG RYAN

Hey guys, I am looking to add a couple mate series rod/cup holder on my boat. I think I am going to start with 2 (1 on each side) just aft of the rod lockers. I was wondering if anyone has them. If so, where did you install them and how do you like them? Also, I am trying to figure out what degree I need. I am thinking 15. Thanks

I've been wanting to do the same but was scared I didn't have the room. I just installed some regular 15 degree rod holders and done some measuring while I had the hole cut. The best I could tell they will fit but it's a clsoe fit. The oval ones would be a better fit than the round ones(little narrower). I think 15 dregree would be best too.

15 degrees will give you the bend you need to put in the rod holder and allow you just enough room to fit inside the gunnel.  I think that those rod/cup holders need more room than just, say, a gemlux rod holder.  I think that it is a more tricky install.  Think if you really need the cup holder feature.  There are other ways to get cup holders on the boat.  Good luck.

Archived