1992 Maverick MA 18.5'

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Skip sent me a wiring diagram with the color codes for the wires. If skip can't help, I'll s can and send you a copy of mine. As a '92 pray that you are lucky enough to to have one where the bilge and other areas don't look like a spaghetti farm from old disconnected equipment and new stuff just patched in. I am considering a full rewire, but it is a costly and time consuming job, but I think it will be well worth it in the long run.

I made a few small mods on my deck area. I took the grab rails off the console sides and mounted just outboard of my seats across the stern, I bought a windshield rail off an old whaler and had 3 or 4 inches cut out of the middle and use it for a grab rail with hopes of putting a windshield underneath.

In any case good luck and enjoy a great boat. Mu power is a 95 yammi 150. Still seems to run great.

My boat is listed with the oldie moldies above probably about 3 pages back under vintage boats.. it is green and the name is SVEIKS on the side.

• 2 years later...

I have a 17MA, 99. I imagine if you rear compartment is like mine, the "shelving" was cut out because it cracked. Eventually those shelves where it seems batteries like to be placed, eventually give to the weight of the heavier batteries. Mine is cracked, had to relocate battery to the front shelf and have plans to go to console with it. 

On 12/15/2017 at 6:22 AM, FLDXT said:

I have a 17MA, 99. I imagine if you rear compartment is like mine, the "shelving" was cut out because it cracked. Eventually those shelves where it seems batteries like to be placed, eventually give to the weight of the heavier batteries. Mine is cracked, had to relocate battery to the front shelf and have plans to go to console with it. 

Thanks for the info!  It will all help me during this restore

@Riverratz Sorry if I hijacked the post, but I was hoping someone may have had some pictures, been going through the same info search you are.

• 4 months later...

My 92 18.5 w/1995 Yamaha 150  has an opening from the rear Starboard hatch to the bilge. That's how all the wires went from the trace in the console to the battery/power. I think that is original and no cut out. I'm in the middle of rewiring my boat and that access made a lot of wires accessible, both visually and physically.

Archived