HPX-V 18 Mystery Switch

Marshfly

If you boat is like mine, there are several accessory switches that are not connected to anything. They have wires coming from the switch that go into the wiring chase under the deck, then terminate somewhere in the bilge. They usually have a Doutch  connector just hanging there or in the middle of the wiring harness. Kind of hard to find some of them. I even have two attached to the underside of the rear deck. Had to use a mirror and light to find them.  They are installed at the factory so you can add stuff like a wash-down pump.

Maybe someone knows that the blue and purple wires go to if they are dedicated colors for a particular appliance, but they could just be spares for aftermarket additions.

Yes. There are probably 5 pairs of wires attached to my accessory switches (hot and ground wire) that are unused, just there for adding stuff. I have two in the console and at least three in the bilge. You have to find them, then turn the switch on and probe them for voltage to determine if you found the right wires. There is probably more than one unused pair in your bilge.

3 minutes ago, JnamJnam said:

I bought my 18HPX with a wash down pump. It is wired to one of the accessory switches on my console.

I ended up just pulling the unused lead off the switch and running new wires. I have to wire in a relay anyway as that switch only has a 5amp breaker and the pump needs 15 amps. 

JnamJnam, do you happen to have a picture of how your pump is mounted in the bilge and where the outlet is?

I'm thinking about putting one of these on the deck right in front of the engine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O8D244/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

61uMnUFDu6L._SL1000_.jpg

I attached a photo of where the pump is. Its the only picture I have on my phone that shows where it is. I will take more detailed photos when I get home.

I do recommend adding a ball valve shut off switch (which I still need to do) because when I am running on plane water is being picked up and forced through the pump as you can see in the picture.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Marsh- I experienced the same thing. If my valve is open 1/2 of the way then the drain tube will handle the water just fine while running and I've never lost bait that way. Also, for the sake of not drilling holes on the deck or running more wires.....if your livewell is plumbed with a recirc pump then you can buy a hose that will fit the recirc fitting inside the livewell which serves its purpose as a decent washdown pump.

11 hours ago, JnamJnam said:

I attached a photo of where the pump is. Its the only picture I have on my phone that shows where it is. I will take more detailed photos when I get home.

I do recommend adding a ball valve shut off switch (which I still need to do) because when I am running on plane water is being picked up and forced through the pump as you can see in the picture.

I would love to see where the actual pump is mounted if you get a chance.

Archived