How to remove OEM Pathfinder Scuppers

david Terry

I just ordered the ball scuppers to replace the valve scuppers.

How do you remove the original metal drain cover on the transom? I'm not sure if I'm using the correct terminology, its the metal flange that protrudes out of the drain plug in which the old valve went.

I do not see any screws holding it on, are they screwed on from the back, if so how do you get to it?

Thanks

On September 12, 2016 at 11:00 AM, david Terry said:

Thanks, I will do another search, yes, its the Rabuds.

This is the drain im talking about:

IMG_2226.jpg

The spacer they are referencing is the piece of starboard (big doughnut, basically) that sets around the existing stainless scuppers.  You can drill and tap it into the transom and then use some AP fasteners to secure the redbud to the starboard or you can fasten all the way thru the transom.  I opted to just fasten into the starboard with the redbud so that I could easily replace if needed without having to deal with removing the starboard which has plenty of 3M Marine Adhesive sandwiched and around it.  Here are some I have done.  VERY SIMPLE install for me and I'm no handy man by any means but I can turn a fastener and operate a drill.

24Raybud1.jpg

DSCN4586r.jpg

Rabuds-1.jpg

Periodically, I get down in the bilge with some type of bleach cleaner and a roll of paper towels.  It doesn't take much to keep it clean 2 or 3 times a year.  Of course, you have to change out the small round inspection plate with a larger rectangular hatch to make it easier.  

On September 14, 2016 at 5:49 PM, JEM said:

Periodically, I get down in the bilge with some type of bleach cleaner and a roll of paper towels.  It doesn't take much to keep it clean 2 or 3 times a year.  Of course, you have to change out the small round inspection plate with a larger rectangular hatch to make it easier.  

Wow....that is probably the cleanest bilge I've seen in a good while. Excellent job ! 

Archived