Mounting things inside console

bh973

I think while ago Skip claims the factory uses some adhesive that sticks to it but don't remember him ever saying what exactly it was.  Personally, I wouldn't risk it there's a lot of leverage especially when you start bouncing around....

I had an amp, battery charger and a few other electronic things mounted across the inside front of my Pathy console on about a 30" piece of starboard with only two through bolts holding it on.  It was solid as a rock!

You could use marine plywood (sealed) and glue that to the inside of the console, but I think you would have to place it so it's actually resting on the deck.

Not sure you would want to trust just adhesive to hold a heavy amp in place, so starting the wood on the deck would take a lot of strain off the adhesive.

Thru bolting starboard would still be a better bet, and you wouldn't worry about the ply separating.

There is a product in the market called weld mount www.weldmountsystem.com and the stuff is incredible. They also have threaded hardware with tabs that mount with the adhesive which I used for the amplifier and its 2 years old and would need a sledgehammer to remove it. Pic attached. Was very skeptical myself at first and a local electronics dealer turned me on to it. Liked it so much that I bought the whole kit.  

image.jpeg

18 hours ago, HarleyG8r said:

On my last two boats, I've used the bolts that hold the rod holders on the side of the console to mount a piece of 1/2" starboard for electronics mounting. Worked perfectly, and no new holes on the outside of the console.

Did you just buy larger screws?  or did you turn it into a thru bolt?

10 hours ago, Zfactor said:

There is a product in the market called weld mount www.weldmountsystem.com and the stuff is incredible. They also have threaded hardware with tabs that mount with the adhesive which I used for the amplifier and its 2 years old and would need a sledgehammer to remove it. Pic attached. Was very skeptical myself at first and a local electronics dealer turned me on to it. Liked it so much that I bought the whole kit.  

image.jpeg

Really cool product! 

Archived