23 HPS with factory 2nd station

Ohson

Does anyone have or know someone that has the factory second station on the 23HPS.  I've seen plenty of picture online of it for the 24 and 26.

Been awhile since I've logged back in here - still a great forum for sure.  I'm in the boat market again and have been considering the 23 HPS.

THANKS!

I have had 3 pathfinders... 2000, 2200 tournament and now a 2300. I do not have any experience on a boat with a second station but based on what I have seen with my 2300, I don't think it would be the optimum hull for a second station. It would work ok but I would go with the 2400 or the 2200 if the second station is a must have. 

My 2200 was a little more stable at rest than the 2300. What makes the 2300 faster and ride better is the hull design. With a second station I think you are going to have a little more "rock" to the boat when compared to the 2200/2400.

just my opinion......Rob

Thx for your input.  Coming off an action craft coastal bay 2110 with a tower very similar to one PF does as factory option (stand just above windshield, more like a 1/2 tower).  Narrowing choice down to 22te or 23 HPS.  Having had tower for so many years, you get used to it.  Just trying to figure out if it's a good idea on a pathfinder.

Any other input is appreciated.  Maybe someone with tower on their 22te?

thx again

I have fished quite a few tower boats and actually fish a 2100 fusion all the time with a full tower, having fished one with out the tower for few years it does not change the boat at rest the difference is it holds the bow down while running and makes it a ton slower.. we use less tab in the tower fusion than i would when it was choppy.. i think i would want the 23 just to keep some speed with adding the weight of the tower over the 22 just my in input. I am in the process of building a 23 now and have considered a 1/2 tower second station a ton just have not add it to the build sheet yet, its still on the table tho.  keeps updated on what your choice is id like to see the 23 with one and maybe add down the road.

Strictly .... As I a stated I am not versed on second stations. I have been running my 2300 since late March and one thing I do know is how flat the 2300 runs. The console seems to be further forward on my 23 as opposed to the 2200 TE I had. If a tower works to keep the bow down, I would definitely not put one on until i took a sea trial on a 2300 that has one. 

The 2300 running flat is perhaps the best part of my 2300. The ride is 10X better in choppy water than my 2200TE.  We fish the Pamlico sound.... many days a short 2 ft chop. The 22 would catch air sometimes whereas the 23 just stays planted and let's the bow do its thing. My tournament partner has found that on the 23, he can sit on the rear deck (without rear seating with us) when running in the rough stuff.....he couldn't do that in the 22. 

Just my 2 cents....Rob

I have one on my2013 22' (see avatar) and my friend has a 2013,  23' with one and we both love them. The boats handle well and the ones we have were built by TNT in Ft. Pierce. They are solid as a rock and some of the best welds and finish you can find. We use them a lot up here especially in the spring for the Ling run and for red fishing on the beach.  Yes they do produce a little more drag when towing on the highway but thats to be expected.

564167_10151040506550880_1480847964_n-1.jpg

Aywolf, i was deff not going after yours post just adding what I have experienced...  i do know the reason the 23 runs flatter is the step hull. with that being said I also fish a clients 24 YF and also fished his 24YF before the tower the flat ride they have with the step didn't change at all once the tower was added. I think the 23 would do the same. I would run a 23HPS against a 24YF any day. 23 is deff a dryer boat hands down! 

Strick..I know you weren't .... I was just adding my observations. Your posts are really informative and that's why I like to read this site. I've learned more here than I could on my own especially from folks who have more experiences on other boats.

Kinda surprises me about the 24 yf being wetter than the 23hps.     Rob

Lots of good info going back and forth - good stuff, learning lots.  Took a test ride on 23 HPS this week!  I kept saying to myself man this boat rides level.  The bow just seem to stay flat at various speeds, creating a smooth ride.  Seems like the step hull design really helps eliminate some bounce and bow slap I've experienced with other similar sized boats.  The 22 TE ride is good as well, 2 inches wider, great layout and awesome livewells!  The tower has pros and cons for sure having had one last10 years - seems like either Pathfinder would handle one though.  Decisions decisions.......

Any other input, thoughts, experiences appreciated.  

Archived