115 yamaha and 2000v performance

fishcast

I live in North Dakota and frequent minnesota and wisconsin a lot and fish  lot of big freshwater lakes and reservoirs.  I'm considering selling my 18'10" aluminum multi species boat and hoping to jump in a 2000 or 2200 pathfinder to see what they are like for myself.   I contacted one guy who lives in wisconsin who may be selling a 2000 with 4 stroke yamaha 115hp.  Year on boat on motor I think would be around 2011 ish  

Curious  what kind of top speeds and cruising speeds and fuel economy people get with that set up and if they like the combo? Thanks much 

I am the one skeet is referring to. I had a 2007 with the F115. I could get it up to 41 with a 3 blade. (Black painted stainless prop... Don't remember make and I think it was a 19 pitch)  Unbelievable fuel economy but I don't have the numbers. If you are not in a hurry or carrying a heavy load, it is an excellent choice.

Skeets boat runs really good with the 150 and a 4 blade prop though ( and good fuel economy as well)

I had a beautiful 2009 2000V with a 115 for over 1000 hours on her and it was perfect.  40 top speed in perfect conditions, cruise at 4000 rpm @ 25 mph all day, hardly ever needed to add fuel (unlike my present 150 which gulps down gas) and a big plus...the 115 is lighter weight and that is just one of the reasons that I never had the common problem of water intrusion from the scuppers.

LAS_at_Flamingo-1.jpg

And the boat just looked right and balanced with the 115.

Archived