2000 vs 2200 comparison

fishcast

I asked earlier about ride differences between the two models (2000 vs 2200).  

I realize there are multiple options for layout with 2200 especially but Im curious if someone has input on how storage etc may vary between the two? looks like they are mostly very similar ... So the main thing I'm especially wondering is how long of rods can fit In the rod lockers ? 

You can put 7' rods in the 2000V lockers, but they have to "cross" diagonally through the front/center compartment.  Rod sleeves are a must to prevent tangling.  It does limit the free space in the center locker, but it's easy. I used that method for 5 years.   I don't think you can put much over 5-1/2', maybe 6' into the side lockers without crossing the tips into the center compartment.

Many 2000V owners (myself included) cut a hole in the front of the lockers which allows 7' rods to extend straight into the anchor locker on either side of the anchor (if stored there).  Some have put in the effort to finish and seal the extended space, and others (myself included) just leave the rods exposed.  It's been 6 years since I cut mine and I've had no issues with damage.  It does free up usable space in the center compartment.  Nylon or plastic rod sleeves are still needed.  The attached pic is the view of mine from inside the port rod locker.  The swirly marks are the mess I made when I sealed the cut edge.

locker hole.jpg

Archived