REpower 2200

JerryM

I survived, but just barely.  I need to sleep and rest for a week.   I am getting toooo old for that kind of stress and hours!  I need to go fish!  I am ready.  Huey has been going kinda regular and still catching on shrimp.   We need to go fish!

• 4 months later...

I have a 2013 2400 TRS with a 250 VMAX SHO (short shaft).  Prop is Yamaha Pro Series 14-1/2" X 21" pitch (3 blade).  It runs 52-55 MPH (depending on load) turning 5900-6000 RPM at full throttle.  Great engine/prop, but only issue is it requires 89 octane gas.  This engine should be plenty of power for your 2200.

• 4 months later...

Ok, now I need to change, the oil pump went south on my 150 now I am having to get serious.   Probably going to 250 hp Yamaha since my 150 was a Yamaha and I don't have to change the controls etc.    Now the questions is can I put a 25" shaft on it.   There are very few Yamaha 250 TLR's 20" shafts around, mostly 25" .   Does anyone know about this?   

The 25" shaft 250 SHO weighs 50 lbs more than the 20" shaft version.  Your boat, if it is a 2200V, has a 20" transom.  I would hate to hang that additional weight on the transom if I didn't have to!   Can you hang a 25" motor back there?  I am not sure, but I suppose you could mount in the lowest holes and make it work.  But that would not be ideal, in my amateur opinion.  I take it that you are looking for used.  If so, I wonder if there are some bass boat forums with classified listings, since the 250 SHO, 20" shaft motors are very popular on bass boats.  I know you can buy the 20," 250 SHO online for about $18,000, plus about $200 or less, shipping to you. 

That would put you in the ballpark of 60 mph or so! 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I did it, found a 2015 Yamy 250 4 stroke.   Sold the 150, and here we go.   Did a short test run, existing prop and not trimmed out, saw 56mph,  i have the prop in getting it repitched due to low RPM's, and will play some more with it.    Handles a lot different at the speed.   

33 minutes ago, JerryM said:

Well I did it, found a 2015 Yamy 250 4 stroke.   Sold the 150, and here we go.   Did a short test run, existing prop and not trimmed out, saw 56mph,  i have the prop in getting it repitched due to low RPM's, and will play some more with it.    Handles a lot different at the speed.   

Is that an F250 or 250 SHO?  If the F250, how did you do it with the 25" shaft?  Congrats on the new engine and new speed!  Yes, the boat really wakes up with the extra HP. 

Archived