update 1/10/11

Alex6

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hey guys,

The boat is mostly done, floor is on, front deck is on, just needs a top layer of gl*** to seal it good up front. Tower and seat are on. rear deck needs to be put in place and after that painting will get started. Took it to holiday park for test run and the boat is really lite compared to what it use to be. it Sits real low in the back and front is in the air due to how lite it got i think. Hopefully when i put trolling motor and batteries up front it will give some weight along with all the storage things. The boat is currently at dusky marine getting serviced because while test run no oil sensor went off and did not let motor run so we are waiting to hear back on what it was and hopefully the fix it. here are some pics

1312335179-iphone3014.jpg.0cdce30cca2e0d

1312335160-iphone3011.jpg.625f40d38579b8

1312335094-iphone3015.jpg.2312e0b320c063

questions:

are you gonna fair it all out to smooth? are you going to use a 'system' style paint (multiple parts)? how are you going to apply... the roll and tip method looks super easy, with the right paint.

are you going to use seadek? i think i will on my skiff build... just to save time with parts that wouldn't have to be super smooth, and you don't have to add a non-skid... some of that DIY non skid can be terror on your knees :o

i'm always curious on techniques on fairing/finishing out boats, as that's where a lot of time/trouble can show up...

BTW, i really like your console setup... ahhhhh, to stand up and run a lappy... :)

squidmotion- yes i am planning on using seadek for the tub area of the boat, but before i put that down i going to spray the whole boat white inside and out. Im planning on doing the snow camo look for the seadek.

and to craw fish, tell you the truth i dont know the density i had the guys a prisma composite do it for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived