Post your MA pics here!

7 minutes ago, all wet said:

Here's my 2009 21MA.  I think it is the first year they put the tan/brown cushions on them.  Double latches on the rod lockers were a change from some of the earlier ones.  It was a demo boat at the dealers meeting that year, got the boat used with 11 hours on it.  Driveway pics were when just brought home from Ft. Meyers Marine.  Have some scratches now of course.

100_2590.JPG

Awesome boat - rare find!  You are lucky to have one!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:52 AM, whichwaysup said:

And here's my 2000 18.5 MA.   Absolute rocket, love this boat.  My 87 rode like a skiff - super light, very simple.  My 2000 is a tank and feels like a Cadillac.

00C0C_dSh6j788fut_1200x900.jpg

20161119_082402.jpg

20161119_123513.jpg

Hey Whichwayisup, What seats are those on you 2000? They look really good and if all works out with the MA I have a deposit on then I'd like to add 3 seats like yours. Is it comfortable to sit three adults?

42 minutes ago, VS- 21MasterAngler said:

Hey Whichwayisup, What seats are those on you 2000? They look really good and if all works out with the MA I have a deposit on then I'd like to add 3 seats like yours. Is it comfortable to sit three adults?

I've sat in both and mine has a heavy duty backrest. I have to say I prefer the backrest. It's more comfortab IMHO with 2-3 people sitting across.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VS- 21MasterAngler said:

They are tempress seats and Yes, very confortable. I didn't install them, but would if I bought one without it.  You feel a lot more secure in the boat, very comfortable.  Just check with Hurricane or I before you install.  You will want the captains chair slightly forward of the passengers for several reasons.  The downside is that the bases are raised, so you lose some of your back deck.  Doing what nag did gives you more flexibility, but I would still go temptress given the option, personally.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VS- 21MasterAngler said:

Wow that looks really good! Did you have that custom made?

Yes, a local shop did it. I showed the Birdsall Marine prefabricated back rest to give reference and compare. They fabricated, installed and beat the price. I went $400 out the door.

its removable too. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

They are tempress seats and Yes, very confortable. I didn't install them, but would if I bought one without it.  You feel a lot more secure in the boat, very comfortable.  Just check with Hurricane or I before you install.  You will want the captains chair slightly forward of the passengers for several reasons.  The downside is that the bases are raised, so you lose some of your back deck.  Doing what nag did gives you more flexibility, but I would still go temptress given the option, personally.  

I've been doing some research and thought they were tempress. Are the through bolted and if so how did you get access for the portside seat? Do you have any pics of the base without the seat?

Here are a couple pics of my 1998 MA21.  I have done a lot of work since buying her and she still has a lot to go but we are really enjoying her so far.  Next up:  Power pole or Talon, Jackplate, All new latches / hardware, backrest and a seaked cockpit.   I am currently building a worked 3.1L OX66 250 on a 2006 3.3L HPDI 20" mid.  Its gonna scoot!

IMG_1434.JPEG

IMG_1535.JPG

• Like 4