**2011 MBC OT in Islamorada**

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great picture Rick !!

Don't curse it, Ben !! What year was it the Tropical Depression formed right over Breezy Palms ? 2002 ?

It was so windy and rough that boats at the end of the shore docks were sunk by waves washing over the transoms. Some dummies (haha) ran down the shore to Bud & Mary's cut and fished under the bridges.. Took 2 anchors to hold bottom..

[color:blue]Was going to try and come down...but, Breezy has a two night min...and I need to get ready for work on Sunday..

Catch'm up.....had a rough week of 4x18 hr days- flight didn't get in till 10pm and just waking up...[/color]

I cannot imagine a MHP OT without the presence of heavyweight forum contributors such as you and Hobo :laugh:

What are those folks gonna do without you guys :D

[color:blue]Was going to try and come down...but, Breezy has a two night min...and I need to get ready for work on Sunday..

Catch'm up.....had a rough week of 4x18 hr days- flight didn't get in till 10pm and just waking up...[/color]

I cannot imagine a MHP OT without the presence of heavyweight forum contributors such as you and Hobo :laugh:

What are those folks gonna do without you guys :D

Actually, in 8 years, I've never made one....two years ago my daughter was sick...this year...work...

They'll survive :) :)

Peter Babb and I had our own get-together on Saturday :)

dc

I missed you there, Dino. You MUST make it down for one ! Friday was perfect weather: The first time ever... Sat was windy from the north.. That does bad things to the open bays in The Park.

Frankly, I could not have had a better time. It was excellent from top to bottom..

I hope another thread starts for photos and stories. Charlie Johnson needs to put up a picture of the Bonefish he caught on Friday; Looks like a Bull Redfish. Scott Deal fished with a buddy and they had a double Slam. He was way too casual about it. Skip fished with us offshore. We left schools of biting Dolphin all morning. Once we p***ed the daytime Swordfish boats, we checked the GPS. Since we didn't have p***ports with us, Skip wanted to head back.. 31 Mi off Alligator. We wound up with a bunch of schoolies, two little Wahoos and a Grouper to clean. Everybody caught lots of fish..

The Sponsors were off the charts this year.. Powerpole and Costa fed a feeding frenzy at the raffle.. Yamaha was solid, and Breezy Palms accommodated us superbly..

BTW, There was not one breakdown, motor problem or boat issue. That speaks volumes for this Company and Yamaha !

Most importantly, it was very memorable for all the kids too.

Next poster, Start a new thread !!

it was great to see everyone!!! Looking forward to next year...

Mark... I'll post the bonefish photo up soon. So far the consensus I am getting from most who have seen the photo is favoring the 13 to 14lb range. Should have never left the boga grip at home.

don't know how to start a new thread but thanks again to all of the mbc folks and sponsors for once again putting on the best annual funament. quite a few of us have already talked about next year already. the folks and families make it great every year. almost did not know what to do with the great weather on friday and relatively good weather on saturday but we survived, made it home just in time to watch the dolphins lose again and cleaned the boat during commercials and halftime.

really enjoyed all of the repeat offenders as well as the first timers that we met and had a chance to start to get to know. heard an all to familiar story a few times over in that those new folks that we talked to and that were feeling their way this year were already looking forward to next year's playtime. this is when you know you have a winner - but all the old timers know that already.

kids had the usual blast, didn't get much sleep and are out of gas tonight - just as they should be.

looking forward to 2012.

l'wood & the gator girls.

Archived