Top Water , Monday 6/5/17

fishmanjj

Had a day off today, so I decided to try some top water Zara Spook Action early ... didn't catch as many as Saturday....but 2 of these are 20"s. 

That's a 45 Yeti....( this is for JEM ) , who I've been trying to go fishing with for a month. We just can't get our schedules together. 

In and out of the water in less than two hours....now it's back to work for the rest of the week.

FullSizeRender.jpg

WOW!!!!  Nice feesh for plastic bait!!!!!!  I have the buy the real stuff.......live shrimp.  I need to break out my Zara Spooks, and see if they will catch.  Or, I need to go get a lesson from Bill Dance.  :D

Love the Spooks is right!!!! While practicing the retrieval technique, I've been hooking up with largemouths on a very consistent basis in the 8 or 10 acre pond (size is debatable) behind my house. I've never caught anything more than pounder sized bass (other than one 5lb., 3oz bass). Yesterday I had this hawg make a strike and miss. Second cast he NAILED IT! This guy was probably 7lbs, if not more. He dwarfed the 5 pounder that I actually weighed. I caught another approx 5lb'er about 30 min later. Speckled trout, here I come........

IMG_0188.JPG

Archived