RESULTS 2nd Annual Venice Diamond Boosters Charity Grand Slam

GottaWeigh

This was a great tournament and I'm not saying that because I helped run it. We had many great events throughout the day including our first annual FREE kids tounrament at the Casey Key Fish House (our tournament venue). We had over 50 kids show up and fish for 2 hours and also compete in a casting contest. Every kid that showed up left with a brand new rod and reel combo!!! Thank you Shakespeare and Walmart (Osprey) for your enormous support and help with the kids event, it wouldn't have been possible without you. We also went through 20dz donated live shrimp!! What a great way to start the tournament. The main weigh in was great and we had many nice fish for the gallery to view. I'll post the link to the results below. Our anglers donated over 400lbs of fish to a local food bank (Center for Hope) and in these tough times that goes a long way!!! Also another 1st we decided to try and pair up local captain's/boat owners to "take a wounded warrior" fishing. This was meet with an overwhelming willingness to help out and I think we have 12 Captains/owners who volunteered to be paired with a "wounded warrior" at a later date to get out on the water and go fishing. I thought this was extremely inpressive and hopefully the idea will cacth on with other tournaments!!After all we owe these Veteran's a great deal of thanks and what better way than a free fun filled day on the water fishing!! All in all it was a great day and event, thank you to all those forum members who participated and hopefully next year we'll have an even bigger and better event. This year we had 56 boats between the inshore and offshore guys!! Not bad for a second year event!! Thanks again!!

Results can be found at www.venicehighschoolbaseball.com

Brenden

Fished this event last year and had a great time. Good captains meeting even during the thunderstorm, well organized, and good location for the weighin at the Venice public boat ramp. Did the inshore and there were plenty of check out spots leaving in the morning. Great way to support local school kids and baseball team in Venice. Have registered for this years as well.

• 1 month later...

Well the Captain's Meeting is just two (2) days away March 29th. After last year downpour during the registration and Captain's meeting this year's weather forecast looks much better and whether you're fishing inshore or offshore it looks like high pressure will be in control and we should have light winds and calm seas!! Look forward to seeing a good number of forum members Thursday night. Thanks in advance for your support!!

THURSDAY

EAST WINDS AROUND 10 KNOTS BECOMING NORTH IN THE

AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 FEET.

THURSDAY NIGHT

NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET.

FRIDAY

SOUTH WINDS AROUND 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET OR LESS.

FRIDAY NIGHT

SOUTHEAST WINDS AROUND 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET.

SATURDAY

SOUTH WINDS AROUND 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET.

Archived