2400TE Electronics Suggestions

Hi All,

New to the board after purchasing a 2007 2400TE this week. 

The boat needs a new sonar/GPS unit and has never been rigged with any sound system, so is a blank slate in both regards. If any of you are really happy with your depth finder/GPS unit, I'd appreciate suggestions.  The prior unit was bracket-mounted, but I'd like to flush mount and it looks like a 9" screen will fit adjacent to the glove box. If anyone has had a bad experience with a newer unit, that feedback would also be appreciated. 

Same question regarding sound system set-up. For those with an amp -- do you think it is worth it? I'm thinking two speakers in the front step-up facing back and one on each side of the console. Any other ideas? 

Thanks in advance for any feedback. 

Jason 

You are going to get many opinions on this subject, most of which are based on actual experience....... here is my 2 cents worth :  I have a 2009 year / 2200XL with a  Garmin 94SV flush mounted gps / sonar unit. I did add the G2 Blue Chart maps chip with my area for better detail......the Garmin is simple to use / they have really good technical customer services ( for old geezers like me that are electronically challenged ) and they will walk you through any issue you have. I have owned several Garmin units and have been happy with them. My marine stereo radio is nothing fancy : JL Audio brand am/fm cd player and JL marine speakers. So far it has held up well at three years old, the speakers are mounted on each side of console / radio is mounted inside the console.    Good luck with your new boat. 

dash.jpg

Archived