2500 hypbrid owners - input requested

Docsuds

Hoping to finalize order on my next boat this week - 2500 hybrid

Looking for input from current owners

- What options do you wish you had gotten but didn't?

- What options did you get you're finding you wish you hadn't?

- Anyone get any factory alterations not on the "standard options" list?

- To powder coat or not to powder coat?  Anyone know if MBG does anything special that might make the powder coating less likely to have issues?

- Can anyone tell me the size of the console where MFDs are mounted?  I don't have a dealer near me and I'm trying to figure out if I can do 2 @ Simrad NSS9 evo3 units on the console; there aren't a whole lot of build threads, and all the one's I can find had a single 10" or 12" MFD.

Really appreciate any input anyone can provide!

Thanks!

Scott

I kept mine pretty simple. No T-top, no tower. Options I wanted were 2 power poles, the tackle station with additional 4 rod holders behind it, trim tabs, and I had the fish box plumbed with a macerator pump only because if I didn't I was told it would drain to the bilge. I bought and installed the 36 volt Rhodan trolling motor on the front. Things I would not have done but were standard... under gunnel lighting, wash down pump. Both handy but unnecessary for my use. If you live bait you will want to fabricate a sleeve for your stand-pipe. That's been discussed on a recent thread. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Macerator pump on fish box, have the factory do the sea dek under the gunnels, I had a custom rod holder built on the back side of the seating tackle center, I thought I saw somewhere that PF now has it as an option, it is worth every penny. Dual power poles do not interfere with the swim platform which was a concern for me, my Christmas present to myself is another power pole. 

Put the maximum amount of horsepower your wallet can handle. I love my boat just wish it had a little more speed. The 350 Verado is the perfect power for this hull, IMO.

On 10/2/2017 at 7:57 PM, Tall Tails said:

I kept mine pretty simple. No T-top, no tower. Options I wanted were 2 power poles, the tackle station with additional 4 rod holders behind it, trim tabs, and I had the fish box plumbed with a macerator pump only because if I didn't I was told it would drain to the bilge. I bought and installed the 36 volt Rhodan trolling motor on the front. Things I would not have done but were standard... under gunnel lighting, wash down pump. Both handy but unnecessary for my use. If you live bait you will want to fabricate a sleeve for your stand-pipe. That's been discussed on a recent thread. 

Wash down pump is a must for me.  Had a bleeder Monday if not for the wash down would have been a lot more work with rags.  Blanket is for my dog, Mickey.

Archived