Keeping the deck clean

Fish-on

I have a 1997 1900 Pathfinder that has been out in the elements for some time that I have a problem keeping the deck clean. When I am out fishing any blood or seaweed leaves stains on the deck that is hard to get out. Do I need to paint the deck or apply something to the deck ?

i thought of using something like a wax to restore the finish, but I was afraid that it would be too slippery.

IMG_1577.JPG

I use roll off to clean the decks and repels dirt and blood. start by using some bleach to remove the stains. also use some woody wax spray. good stuff. sure you will get other and better answers. there are some real cleaning experts in this forum boarding on OCD when it comes to cleaning, LOL. :):D, fin

As Fin said....get her clean and apply some spray woody wax on inside deck, non skid included....follow the directions because a little goes a long way. After three or four fishing trips, I reapply....depending on how serious you get with the cleaning detergents. Stuff like Dawn dishwashing liquid will remove the wax....so, stick with a boat soap that won't strip the wax. I spent many years on sportfishing boats so I'm old school and I'm sure some of the. "Experts" on here will have other ideas....but I use OrPine brand because it works for me. 

IMG_1697.JPG

Archived