sea claw anchors?

koondog

11 hours ago, koondog said:

Lost my anchor this past weekend .Looking at the Sea Claw..  wanted to get ya'lls opinions.  Boat is a 2000v Pathfinder.   What size is best for my boat?  Also,, in the pics I've seen...do you not need to use chain with them? 

Depends on how deep youll be anchoring, current, type of bottom etc.  I have a 20' PF and the sea claw 12#... had 6' of 5/16" chain on it (rigged breakaway) and had issues with it setting in 60-90' and once in 40' with a stiff wind and some swell threw 12' of 3/8" on it and it sticks no matter where I throw it.  So if youll be in shallow soft bottom and lighter one will do otherwise get the 12# and chain it accordingly if needed for your situation

Like they said, depends on where you fish and how deep. I fish inshore and use a 12 lb. Sea Claw and no chain. Holds my 23 every time. If it's windy, like the last few days, then you'll just let out a little more rope. If you like to keep the anchor in the bottom of the anchor locker, laying on the rope, just cut off the cross bars and it will drop right in.

Archived