2400 TRS F300 Prop

coldfin

On 12/10/2018 at 8:04 PM, Tiki Bay Fishing said:

Sorry for the delay in responding. I haven’t looked at this forum in a while. I have not run my boat at WOT with the 18P prop. Here are the numbers for my OFX4 18P. I am satisfied with the 18P.

3000 RPM = 26 MPH

4000 RPM = 38 MPH

5000 RPM = 48 MPH (not at WOT)

I fish in Galveston Bay and can count the amount of times I've been full throttle (long enough to log numbers) on one hand. With the amount of massive wakes from tankers, pilot boats, and other large vessels the opportunity is almost never there. Im sure this probably has something to do with it if you fish the same area. I have been running the OFX4 19 for the least year and it gets the job done for me right now. Once this weather lets up I will get some numbers for y'all.  

• 1 year later...

Have a 2018 2400 TRS and came with Yamaha Saltwater Series HS4 22-T 15.

Half tank trimmed - 58 MPH at 5800

Loaded w people and fuel - 56 mph and 5600

Put on a 21-T 15

Full fuel and me - 59 MPH at 5900

Have not loaded it yet but I'm guessing it will be roughly linear - 57 at 5700

I tried an OFX4 19 and it was dramatically slower and frankly I don't feel like the hole shot is much better.  The MPG dropped substantially.  Also, with the jack plate fully up the PowerTech caused much more noise and vibration.  I sold it.

For me, fishing primarily shallow in SW Florida the Yamaha props are hard to beat - very good performance, quiet and good fuel econ...

Carlos