2005 Pathfinder Cockpit Drain

hollywoodhsc

I've searched far and wide looking for a new threaded drain grate that threads into my cockpit drain on my 2005 Pathfinder 2000V or any Pathfinder in or around 2005.  Maverick has been of no help since the boat is 12 years old.  I've reached out to SouthCo and BoatOutfitters, and no luck.  Hoping you guys may have a suggestion for me on where to look next or what I can do to fix this.

Aside from the companies I've called above, I've tried local marine shops, I've ordered similar but ultimately wrong parts off ebay, I've spoken to plumbing companies and visited HD and Lowes.  I've called a few salvage yards in Florida and been hung up on before I could finish my question.... I'm assuming because the part I'm after probably isn't a money maker for them.

The biggest issue I have is that the drain is glassed into the floor.  I cannot replace without cutting a ton of fiberglass.  The drain grate pictured in attachments threads down through the hull and into the drain underneath.

Dimensions:
Threaded input - 1 3/4" OD
Flange - 2 11/16" OD
Height - 3/4"

Currently I'm using a mesh sink filter to keep all the dirt and large whatevers from getting pushed into my 1-way scuppers but it looks like ***.

I've considered drilling holes and putting a flat drain grate over it and maybe what I'll ultimately end up doing if I can't find a part to replace this.

Hoping someone out there has been in my situation and can recommend something.  Thanks in advance!

drain3.jpg

drain2.jpg

drain.png

Maybe try some metal fab shops? At the end of the day, it's a piece of standard thread pipe stock welded to a flat round plate with some holes drilled in it. Assume you have one and are looking to match it? Could probably get one made up of brass or bronze and then take it somewhere to get chrome plated. May have to call around a bunch, and it may end up costing you a couple hundred bucks, but beats doing major surgery on your boat.

Archived