PF 2500 owners: fishbox drain

Onionrings

49 minutes ago, marzomi said:

did you get the macerator pump option on the box? My buddy has a 2500 w/o the macerator and some water will remain in the forward box until he takes the boat out of the water.   I ordered mine with the macerator, hopefully that will "actively" pull water out

I don't think I have the macerator pump. Mine holds alot of water.. just wondering if that was normal...

I have the macerator pump. I got it because I was told it would drain to the bilge unless the pump was installed. I have no issues with it holding water. Curious where your fish box drains to. (?) This wouldn't be the first time I received incorrect information from my dealer if yours does indeed drain to the outside of the hull. 

4 hours ago, Tall Tails said:

I have the macerator pump. I got it because I was told it would drain to the bilge unless the pump was installed. I have no issues with it holding water. Curious where your fish box drains to. (?) This wouldn't be the first time I received incorrect information from my dealer if yours does indeed drain to the outside of the hull. 

I am not seeing any draining anywhere.....waiting for other owners to chime in.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, bsh102 said:

Interesting, I never really thought about where my fish box actually drains too.🤔 I do know that I wish I had the macerator pump thou.

If they could have just gravity drained it over the side and had a ball valve in the line for safety I would have been all for it. As I was told it was either macerator overboard or drain to the bilge....which stinks (both literally and figuratively). The macerator, imo is almost overkill for that little box. As soon as its turned on all the liquid is gone and the pump then starts sucking air. Anything big gets stopped by the strainer that covers the drain anyways.

Archived