My new boat !

team hewes

My name is Zane , I am 15 and just joined the forum . My Dad and I have been working on our project boat . It is a 1990 bonefisher 16 . I totally redid all the wiring , pumps , teak and compounded /waxed the whole boat . we had the 1989 johnson 110 totally rebuilt. I got to go out on the water for the first time this 4th of July. It handeled nicely when we put it in the water for the first time.Also it went on plane pretty quick compared to what im used to. Also i got alot of compliments on the boat on the way it looks and the way it handles and rides,I'm in love !

1341621277-hewes_boat.png.cd881458724d1f

Congrats Zane! Welcome. Post some pictures of you boat, we all love to see refurbished boats. The "teak" part is intriguing, as they don't come that way. There are a couple others on here that have used some wood on their gunnels.

Register as an owner. All you need is your boats hull id number from the plate. Then you can send and respond to private messages.

When you are adding a post look down at the bottom of the page. You will see an underlined " Manage files" When you click this it will ask you to browse for your attachment. When you click browse it will take you to you computer. Double click the picture and it will download to the post...hit done and post.

You will have to resize the picture first or it will be too big for the web site. I use www.webresizer.com it is the fast easiest I have found. It doesn't change the original, just makes web sized copy. Hope this helps. I have never seen a Hewes with teak rod holders, not saying it couldn't have been an option.

Archived