Yamaha 2300HPS

Robert3

My 60" was mounted by the dealer and I bought it out of state.  As soon as I saw it I knew it was a problem but didn't want to wait around to have them fix it, just moved it when I got home.  The problem is when launching and retrieving especially when your alone.   Walking to get your truck and someone throws a wake your head hits the dock bye bye.  

On 12/2/2017 at 8:57 PM, Sunstone said:

My 60" was mounting by the dealer and I bought it out of state.  As soon as I saw it I knew it was a problem but didn't want to wait around to have them fix it, just moved it when I got home.  The problem is when launching and retrieving especially when your alone.   Walking to get your truck and someone throws a wake your head hits the dock bye bye.  

My friend has a 60" MK on his 2200 TRS, and it is the perfect length for Backwaters, he uses it about 3/4 of the way down, and it hangs over the gunwale, I have seen him bang the head quite hard putting his boat on his lift in windy conditions. 

This is what made decide on the 60".. Mine will be slightly, very slightly, over the edge of gunwale.. 

This is why I love having the Rhodan. We fished all day offshore yesterday. We spent hours and hours on the trolling motor, never once dropped an anchor. The ability to "hover" directly over structure or to play the current successfully over structure allows me to drift my snapper baits exactly where I want them to go. We had a blast. Put 90 miles on the boat and burned 31 gallons of fuel. The trolling motor batteries aren't even down to 60%. 

20171203_164307.jpg

1 hour ago, Tall Tails said:

This is why I love having the Rhodan. We fished all day offshore yesterday. We spent hours and hours on the trolling motor, never once dropped an anchor. The ability to "hover" directly over structure or to play the current successfully over structure allows me to drift my snapper baits exactly where I want them to go. We had a blast. Put 90 miles on the boat and burned 31 gallons of fuel. The trolling motor batteries aren't even down to 60%. 

20171203_164307.jpg

Wow, nice catch!! Nice smooth day yesterday.. I can't wait to try Rohdan myself.. This week is delivery week for me, I can hardly wait. 

Lane snapper. There are yellowtail, lane, mangrove and vermillion snapper in there as well as a gag grouper and a red grouper. We caught and released a short mutton snapper, numerous red and gag grouper shorts, lots of trigger fish and a 4' tiger shark. I never knew they came in a size other than "holy sh**, look at that".

Archived