Spring time back country guide recommendation

Been roughly 18 years since going to Choko to fish and would like to start going again with my son. We used to go annually in the April and October with captain (pardon the spelling) Tom Haynes. His company was Way Back Charters, I think spelled Whey if memeory serves me. Regardless, a typical day was on the outside in the morning and then as the tide rose up a distant river south of Highlands Beach. Basically snook and reds on the outside then the same in the back country. Anyway, looking for a Captain that would provide a similar trip for my son and myself. Also, if anyone knows anything about Captain Tom since retiring please let me know. We always enjoyed his stories about the glades, uncanny knowledge and unique business model on the boat. 

Would also recommend Capt. Kurt with Peter Rapps charters if you’re taking any youngsters. Used him several times with the neighbor’s kids. He has the patience  of a saint. 24 ft. Pathfinder. 

If fly or spin I would throw Andy Lee in the mix. Pole you all day. Runs a couple of flats skiffs ( brands remain anonymous).

dh

Archived