2012 OT Results

Capt. Troy

Great time with many old friends and some new ones. Good weather, great food and great fishing. Many thanks to MHP, Breezy Palms, Powerpole, Costa and all the great companies that donated for the goody bags and raffle.

My daughter did not say much the whole way home but when she saw the house she started crying and said I don't want to go home... I felt the same

[image]http://www.mbcforum.com/fbbuploads/1349047016-Kim__s_red_c.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.mbcforum.com/fbbuploads/1349047161-Trout.JPG[/image]

1349047161-Trout.JPG.74cb6b82173e9bdd155

1349047016-Kim__s_red_c.jpg.c05a3a79aa71

What a great time once again and thanks to MBC and all the sponsors. Like Rick said it was great to see old friends and we even made a few new ones showing them the way over to Flamingo and sharing our fishing holes with them. Drew and I had a blast as always. What a great father - son laid back weekend of fishing.

once again, many thanks to the hmpc folks, breezy and all of the generous sponsors who make this weekend happen every year. great weather, many old friends and seemingly quite a few new ones this year made it a blast once again.

looking forward to next year. thanks again guys!!

l'wood and the gator girls.

We had a great time at the OT. Thanks to MBC and Breezy and all of the sponsors. I would also like to thanks Rick and Rob for letting us follow them to Flamingo and putting us on the fish. The only bad thing about the OT I would say is that the wife saw and heard about a lot toys to add to the boat. Now she wants the wireless trolling motor and a bimini top. Thanks guys!!!

B.O.A.T. Bust Out Another Thousand! It was great to have you and Shanda along for the ride. It's what the OT is all about to me, good people, good times and fun fishing. I think you left something off the list, a Power Pole. I must say Shanda is the only person I know to take a dip in the waters off Flamingo!

Thanks again to all who participated. You folks make it a blast for us to put on for you.

The Results:

Longevity Award (Most consecutive years attended) : Tie, RW and Lynn Milstead and Wayne and Martha Ann Brunsink ( 18 + years.. we’ve lost count)

Furthest Towed (Participant who towed their boat the furthest to the event): Ed Scopelitis, Charleston, SC (They don’t have sawfish in SC do they Ed?)

People’s Choice ( Best Looking Rig) : Marc Woods, 2012 Pathfinder 2300 DV (Thanks for making people think that we still build that boat.)

Cl***ic Boat (The guy who needs a new M,H or P the most): Ben Denson, 91 Hewes Redfisher (Yet again. C’mon man!)

Fishing Results:

Youth Champ: Sydney Wilson, 18 HPX, 2550 points ( Don’t ever learn to pole. The bow is much better.)

Ladies Champ: Shelby Baker, 2200 TE, 4375 points (She’s back!)

Overall Champ: Rich Campiola, 17 HPX Tunnel, 6075 points. ( Team total over 13,000 points. Rich and team member Don Ponn (18 HPX) also won the Herman Lucerne the weekend before. Great job guys. We are going to find a way to handicap you next year.)

Finally, a heartfelt thanks to our sponsors: Costa Del Mar, The Breezy Palms, Power Pole, Yamaha, Shimano, Power Pro, Trigger X, B*** ******in Lures, Mirrolure, Red Zone Apparel and DOA Lures.

Until next year (September 26-28, 2013)….

Thank you, Charlie and Scott ! You guys did such a good job making it a memorable weekend for everyone. The food was exceptional, again !! The sponsors' prizes were amazing, again ! Breezy Palms is the perfect venue for this event, and Larry & his staff do such an excellent job hosting the event each year. The grounds and docks are impeccably maintained. Larry does need to work on the water quality offshore, though. It was pea soup all the way out past 18 miles.

Charlie, you did a great job filling in for Skip. Thank you for all your work making the event happen so smoothly.

And, 'Thank You !' to all that selected me for the People's Choice boat. Just so you know, I singled out that sweet 18 HPX with the big Merc as my choice. All the HPX's are exceptional though..

The Challenge for next year: Cobias. None representing at an OT yet. (Plus, It gets lonely offshore with just the two of us out there)

Marc

Matt and I had a great time and already booked for next year. Every one was very nice (even the Gator fans lol) and the food and prizes were awesome. Thanks to everyone who had a hand in putting this together.

PS The answer is no Charlie. We do not have Sawfish in SC and the next time I attempt to help one out and cut line away from it (if I ever have that chance again in my life) I will be wearing thick thick gloves..

Thanks again,

Ed from Charleston SC

I want to thank MBC and all the sponsors. Great event. We were one of the few boats that stayed in the Islamorada area to fish. My sons and I have fished north of there and south of there, but never that area. None of us had ever caught a bonefish, so that was the goal.

Friday, on the wrong tide, wrong time of day and on the inside, my son got what will probably be his first and largest bonefish. Twenty eight inches plus and the Boga said 10.5 to 11 pounds. Oh, he caught it on a white zoom swim bait :o

He said he saw a fishing show last winter and that these guys were catching bones on them, and it is his favorite bait. He has now caught all the inshore game fish on this lure, including a 25 lb permit from a kayak.

Next day, same time give or take a half hour, different flat, I caught a normal bonefish on a DOA 3" new penny!

I hope to get back next year!

1349735225-My_Bonefish_2012_opt.jpg.a067

1349735214-Von__s_Bonefish_2012_opt.jpg.

Thank you, Charlie and Scott ! You guys did such a good job making it a memorable weekend for everyone. The food was exceptional, again !! The sponsors' prizes were amazing, again ! Breezy Palms is the perfect venue for this event, and Larry & his staff do such an excellent job hosting the event each year. The grounds and docks are impeccably maintained. Larry does need to work on the water quality offshore, though. It was pea soup all the way out past 18 miles.

Charlie, you did a great job filling in for Skip. Thank you for all your work making the event happen so smoothly.

And, 'Thank You !' to all that selected me for the People's Choice boat. Just so you know, I singled out that sweet 18 HPX with the big Merc as my choice. All the HPX's are exceptional though..

The Challenge for next year: Cobias. None representing at an OT yet. [color:red](Plus, It gets lonely offshore with just the two of us out there)[/color]

Marc

The Two Knotty rides again with both her owners next year no matter what! EKG wires, saline + morphine drip, body cast, it doesn't matter. I can install some more switches for any medical needs..... :susel:

Archived