$$$$$$$

smooth move

On 3/29/2018 at 11:07 AM, smooth move said:

in 2 hrs yesterday-------$110-fuel(boat), $30-fuel(truck), $25-fuel filter, $58-ring yamalube ring seal = $223. now i know where my retirement money is going. had to buy a new cranking battery the day before, another $50 after adjustment. i must really like to fish!

time on the water = Priceless !!!

There is nothing that compares to a day on the water for those of  us who are in love with the hobby....

DC

The truth has been spoken! Now factor in the cost of wear & tear on your fishing rods/reels, lost lures/hooks/jigs, leader material and on & on & on & on......

One of my retired neighbors in Chokoloskee told me that I won't need to keep working to pay for my food, lot or dock down there but I sure need my job to pay for what fishing costs nowadays! Fuel is usually always the main expense.......I love my 90hp Yammi 4s! 

On 3/31/2018 at 4:40 AM, Wanaflatsfish said:

time on the water = Priceless !!!

There is nothing that compares to a day on the water for those of  us who are in love with the hobby....

DC

Wannaflatsfish is correct.  I’ve always been very mindful of saving money and spending it wisely but the tome I spend on the water fishing or just being out in the boat brings peace to my soul.  That being said, the costs for me are reasonable with the redfisher 16 I have.  

I don’t hunt or golf so this is my true hobby and my wife loves to fish too.  I’m very fortunate   

If I had all the money that was somewhere out in the wild blue yonder, spent on boats, gas, diesel, and fishing, I could be sipping on an umbrella sarsaparilla somewhere in the south Pacific now.  But the thing is...........you ain't gonna take any of it with you!  And boy, have I enjoyed the hobby! 

Archived