2013 OT Time

DblPly

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got a call from the Breezy saying that three rooms have come available -- motel room, pool side and oceanfront. Sorry, no slips. They will hold them for 24 hours and then open them for general reservations. (305) 664 2361.

Looking forward to seeing everybody and handing out some great raffle goodies! See you Thursday.

It was Breezy today but that didn't slow down the bite in Flamingo!

Are you heading back to Flamingo Wednesday ? Never been and would love to follow.

I just spoke to Scott. They are at Lor E Lai having a drink.. He may not be on here tonite.. :) Be on the dock at Breezy tomorrow morning and hang around the grey HPX-V with the Merc. He was talking about Whipray Basin.. He is good people, and will be glad to run slow enough for mortals to follow.

MW

Packing the truck now with Power-Pole parts, Power-Pole swag and a couple new Power-Pole Micro Anchors! Looking forward to seeing everyone down there! Thanks again to MBC for putting this great event together!

You guys are the Best ! Thanks to you for the stellar products and your incredible support at the MBC OT's ! Catch some fish this year..

Marc

It was Breezy today but that didn't slow down the bite in Flamingo!

Are you heading back to Flamingo Wednesday ? Never been and would love to follow.

I just spoke to Scott. They are at Lor E Lai having a drink.. He may not be on here tonite.. :) Be on the dock at Breezy tomorrow morning and hang around the grey HPX-V with the Merc. He was talking about Whipray Basin.. He is good people, and will be glad to run slow enough for mortals to follow.

MW

Not staying at Breezy Palms, I'm at the Islander. What time do you think you would be leaving the dock?

Sorry,, I am not down there yet.. I called Scott just to torture myself. He didn't say if they were going to Flamingo, but did say they were poking around some spots that were usually too tight.

You might buzz down and see who is around. They usually don't leave super early..

Marc

This is a re-post from last year.. For those who are not familiar with the approach to Breezy Palms..

One important point is the approach channel to Breezy Palms. It gets shallow and rock-hard at the headpins.. Two PVC pipes and two more about fifty feet inshore. The channel runs a little east of due south out of the basin. In this photo the markers are colored, but are simply white PVC pipes sticking up. If you wish to jump up and run out.. do it inside the basin and NOT at the markers. Same goes for returning. Either shut down 100 yds off the headpins at low tide and idle in, or zoom in past the markers and shut down so you don't wake the docks next door. The red X's are rocks that are not showing at high tide.

[image]http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae207/FLNative_album/Base%20Album/BreezyChannel.jpg[/image]

The ramp at Breezy is tight. The Mgmt wants us to back in to the ramp area with the trailers. Please don't try to turn around by the ramp. The ramp is tight, so alignment is important. If some of Y'all get there early, please rearrange the rocks and blocks at the dropoff to help the lower tide splashes & pulls.

Half the docks face the buildings. Spring lines are essential to keep your boats from going under the docks. There are squalls that blow thru at night, so be sure your boat is set right. Please ask others if you are not 100% certain, or don't have the right dockline.

Chill out. The very best tip I can give you ! This is fun and easy. We have some incredible fly fishers and a couple of young lady anglers that

will kick all our butts. There are trophies for the Master Anglers, but the good stuff gets raffled. You get raffle tickets based upon the points you put up. So, if you report a legal Snapper catch, that raffle ticket may win you an awesome prize. There are many awesome prizes each year.

Pray for good weather. Meet as many people there as you can.

Archived