Kevlar LT20 keel repairs

Bever

Jetty rat, I ran it for the first time last week. The engine ran solid. I was in unfamiliar water (Tampa bay..eg Simmons ramp) I went to 50 and backed off. I have 1/4 throttle left but didn't want to go any further..not on first outing....I didn't want to ruin a great day on the water...with something going wrong... I'm a bit cautious I suppose. 50 had me grinning! Ill get more experience over the next few weeks and let you know what the engine can do....Jason

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Bever, check out the South Shore Anglers club. We meet first Thursday of the month at Bahia Beach, not too far from you and right around the corner from Simmons Park. A lot of folks to talk to about the area. Our speaker in September is C. A. Richardson, Flats Cl*** fame, should be a big crowd. Good luck!!

Jetty rat, I ran it for the first time last week. The engine ran solid. I was in unfamiliar water (Tampa bay..eg Simmons ramp) I went to 50 and backed off. I have 1/4 throttle left but didn't want to go any further..not on first outing....I didn't want to ruin a great day on the water...with something going wrong... I'm a bit cautious I suppose. 50 had me grinning! Ill get more experience over the next few weeks and let you know what the engine can do....Jason

WOW... sounds like mid 50's. i can only get mine to 49 WOT

• 1 month later...
I'm trying to get these screws out.... As you can see they began to strip easily, is there a right way to do this? To remove the poling platform?image_zps55c22a8c.jpg

I had to use a impact gun and a few extensions with the proper size Phillips tip to get my screws removed.

Extensions will be needed for the rear screws.

If your planning on reinstalling it don't use 5200 under the feet or you will end up damaging your gel coat when attempting to remove it at a later date.

If the platform is struck to the deck after all screws are removed, try using a piece of 40# braided line to saw whatever type adhesive is under the feet.

All you need is some marine grade silicone to reinstall.

Boat came out nice. :thumbup:

Thank you crawfish. I havent removed it yet...i put it off because the fishing has been too good right now. Ha...but i will take your advice soon and take that platform off to clean sand and repaint it. And thanks for the kind words. I think it is coming along nice also. Lots to do...but it fishes great right now. I think i will work on re wiring, refurbish or replace the console, and compound the deck/topside late winter. Might try to get new stickers for engine cowling also.

Archived