Camera Repair

BigCurt

Already sent a PM to Dino as I forgot there was a dedicated photo section on the forum now. I've got a Nikon Speedlight in need of repair and wanted to know of any good repair shops or if I should send to Nikon directly. Thanks guys.

Curtis

Already sent a PM to Dino as I forgot there was a dedicated photo section on the forum now. I've got a Nikon Speedlight in need of repair and wanted to know of any good repair shops or if I should send to Nikon directly. Thanks guys.

Curtis

Sent you a note, Camera shops will most likely not be able to repair.

1.) Any warranty ? What model?

Nikon Service Centers in Fla

Southern Photo (Miami and Delray)

Ga

Camera Services

Symrna Ga.

I'm heading down to Southen today actually, to get my sensor cleaned afer my beach shoot, i picked up some sand i think...

dc

It's an SB-600, bought it about 3 years ago. Batteries got really corroded and contacts are in such bad shape that the flash will not power on. Tried cleaning them a bit and put in new batteries, no such luck.

I was at So Photo today and they confirmed the fix them..

call and check to get an estimate...it might be less expensive to just go with a new one vs. repair if that's the case...

The SB600 is nice flash...but, it might be more to have it fixed than worth it....I'm sure they can give you an idea over the phone...good people.

BTW, some of the other flashes that are out...do a very good job...again, depends on what you are using it for...if it's just an on camera fill in...look at the lower end ones...the SB400 has gotten good reviews..

Check on NIKON.com speedlites for compatibility.

What camera ?

DC

Thank you sir, much appreciate it. The wife and I both have D40s. Yes, they're older, "cheap" cameras, but as they say "cameras don't take pictures..." just as I know plenty of guys that could whoop me in fishing with a "walmart special" rod/reel combo.

Thank you sir, much appreciate it. The wife and I both have D40s. Yes, they're older, "cheap" cameras, but as they say "cameras don't take pictures..." just as I know plenty of guys that could whoop me in fishing with a "walmart special" rod/reel combo.

D40 are a GREAT camera...a cl***ic.

I think I saw the D40 on the SB400 list on the Nikon site...something to consider.

DC

Archived