1995 18.5 Master Angler

KS

wanted to introduce myself as a "new" owner. Bought this boat a while back as a project, and derigged her. Then my wife found out she was pregnant (with twins.......) The project sat derigged and covered for a year. The original intent was all new everything. But on the new budget, my brother and I launched her yesterday with the original equipment I bought her with. We went through the engine (new water pump, carb job, impeller), went through the electrical, and got the hydraulic tabs going. Touched up a few blemishes. Looking forward to updating this thread with some upgrades as the twins allow (they are 8 months today!)

1379338086-kev_for_forum.JPG.39c4900abd9

I think my next thoughts were cosmetics under the gunnels (the old carpeting is not too asthetically pleasing) and on the console. Would like to add a stainless wheel with knob, possibly plasti dip the grab rail (input on this would be great) and do something under the gunnel (either new carpet, or seadeck, or some combination there of)

• 1 month later...

last two trips out have been somewhat of shake downs. First trip, I blew a hub prior to catching any fish (no photos). I was able to limp in about 3-4 mph, note to self: get spare prop. Second trip, I found a family broke down in roughly the same spot I blew the hub the week before. Spent about two hours towing them in, but caught a few fish just after that.

1382985226-tow_job.jpg.8294854d2444d5b78

Archived