1995 Hewes Bayfisher 18

bigsnook35

Picked this up a couple weeks ago for a steal. The previous owner hadn't been using it and it was wasting on a lift. Hoping to give it a new life with a lot of fish blood on the decks. I haven't done a whole lot to her yet. Hopefully over the next few weeks she will be revitalized and ready to go. I will make sure to update as progress is made. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Glad to be a part of this great family.

1380064732-1.gif.1c93cdea10dd73b6f867109

1380064744-2.gif.8b0ce1466cc0c34be2214fd

1380064759-3.gif.afbf9d57c30f02a7e1c6c8f

1380064781-4.gif.d55413dc1f48fcd007d3e8b

1380064802-5.gif.4e2bf313bf10a6ff5192b06

• 4 weeks later...

Got all new wire ran for everything in the boat. Mounted the trolling motor to the bow. Got the 2 trolling motor batteries mounted under the console. Now time to figure out what I want to do to replace the original switch panel. I'll keep you guys updated as I get closer to finishing the light refurb of the boat and get it fishing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well got the motor put back together a couple weeks ago. Took it out on the bay last Saturday for its maiden voyage. Put in at Pinellas Point and fished the flats for awhile. A buddy that was with me wanted to prefish Apollo Beach area. We started the run across the bay with no issues until about 1 mile or so from our destination when I started to lose RPMs. The boat wouldn't stay on plane. Took the fuel filter off and poured the fuel into an empty bottle to see the problem. With all the commotion of trying to get the boat put back together and finish I neglected to address the fuel system. Naturally this didn't become an issue until we were all the way across the bay. The motor would hold an idle so we got as far a. We could until it started to spit and sputter. The next 2-3 hours were spent trolling across the bay with the trolling motor. Needless to say I was worried about the batteries dying and being completely stranded. The batteries held up all the back to the boat ramp.

Got the boat back home and started on repairs earlier this week. I have since replaced all fuel lines and filters. I am having a company come out Tuesday morning to clean the fuel tank to hopefully start me anew. Hopefully later next week I can give a better update with possibly even fish on the deck.

Archived