Boat Covers

Scout6

If you just need a short term solution, there's plenty of inexpensive options on ebay.  They will require some additional "engineering" for fit and support to keep from "pooling", but will do in a pinch.  They'll only last a year or two at best.  I went that route for many years, then finally had a decent cover made for the boat.  

13 hours ago, BradM said:

I bought one from Amazon for my 23 and it fits really well. It has a pocket for the motor, which is way too small for mine...I don't think it's even big enough for a smaller 4 cyl. 2 stroke engine....maybe a 50 horse. Anyhow, other than that it fits perfectly and is nice quality.

This is it Classic Accessories Boat Cover

Hey Brad,  You say it fits your 23 well.  Do you think it has enough more to cover a 24?

Hey LIU, I would think so, but let me confirm this evening. I know I pull the front of the cover down over my winch and winch strap (just to keep the sun off it) and then have a little slack in the rear that I take up with the straps back there. I'll take some pictures tonight and post them here....Of course if it isn't pouring when I get home like it did last night.

Carver covers have worked well for me, sunbrella is more expensive but pays for itself in the long run. I get the lightest color possible, had a light grey cover, now have a white one (natural) and can definitely tell the difference in how hot it gets. Not sure why people get dark colors, but to each their own. Carver customer service is also very good, they have treated me well. Several retailers discount and run sales events, if you do not have an immediate need wait for the sales.

NCTribute brings up a good point...My cover is dark gray which was the only option available when I bought mine. I keep my boat under a 20 x 30 pole barn and only the very front of the trailer sees the sun. My cover is mainly just to keep the dust and bird droppings out of the boat. I can't speak to how well it will last in the sun, but not much does.

On 9/18/2018 at 4:13 PM, BradM said:

I bought one from Amazon for my 23 and it fits really well. It has a pocket for the motor, which is way too small for mine...I don't think it's even big enough for a smaller 4 cyl. 2 stroke engine....maybe a 50 horse. Anyhow, other than that it fits perfectly and is nice quality.

This is it Classic Accessories Boat Cover

This seems to have good reviews for the price. Do you happen to have any pics so I can check out the fit? I'm wondering if it would be too big for a 22.  

Okay, here we go. This is the Classic Accessories cover that I posted a link to. You can see I have the bow end pulled down over the trailer winch and just tuck the engine cover down onto my transom. I would think there's plenty of room to cover a 24'. I have my backrest in place on the rear bulkhead, which may give more slack if not in place. **Sorry these are all clocked 90* over. Not how they were taken or uploaded from my iPad. I tried to fix it on my account settings, but couldn't find the option that used to be there.

IMG_0145.JPGIMG_0145.JPG.bf768607b423e9f6e2abea55817bc163.JPG

IMG_0144.JPG

IMG_0142.JPG

IMG_0143.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

I bought an inexpensive one on  Amazon, can't remember the name...they key I found is to get a gallon of Starbrite Water Repellant and a 1 gallon Home Depot sprayer and soak the cover as directed...water just beads and runs off...I also use a series of bungies to hold things tight on the base....Not Custom, but for about $200...it was good enough..the key it to be sure you have enough taughtness (if that's a word) to stop puddling.

Mine sits on the side of the house with a large locking system and only gets 1/2 day of sun, so I'm expecting 4-5 years of use.....

DC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Guys, I just wanted to update this post. I ended up with the classic  accessories cover linked above. Went with the 21-22 foot for my 2200V. Fit amazing for a generic cover. Covers my trolling motor if anyone is worried about thats. It’s exactly what I wanted. Nothing crazy expensive that will get the job done. Here’s some pics

48C5D57D-BAB5-43ED-BCE4-EC5204A3DE85.jpeg

9954937F-20D2-4BD9-8B89-A66295100325.jpeg

FF7812E9-B27B-41F5-90DB-8BFA9163EEF8.jpeg

My 1st HPS was Black hull, it needed a cover so the gelcoat wouldn't fade. I have one made in Fort Myers, it cost around 2K but it fits with or without trolling motor. I went with Black Sunbrella. I have had it on for Irma, and other storms, for 3 years and no fading or sign of deterioration. survived the wind and rain. Plus the  cover extends down over to the hard chine.. 

Archived