Couple new bugs

djohnson5198

Love em!  That color combo ought to work well.

Just had a thought, and plan to try it.  Ever tied in the mono eye up by the eye so they could double up as weed guards?  Dunno why I never thought of it before, but your great ties have my mind ticking....  Just arrived back down here for the winter and have about a week of chores between me and the fly vise, but I intend to try it.  Thanks!

14 hours ago, BrownBear said:

Love em!  That color combo ought to work well.

Just had a thought, and plan to try it.  Ever tied in the mono eye up by the eye so they could double up as weed guards?  Dunno why I never thought of it before, but your great ties have my mind ticking....  Just arrived back down here for the winter and have about a week of chores between me and the fly vise, but I intend to try it.  Thanks!

Hadn’t thought about eyes as a weed guard but seems like a good idea!  May have to try that out

3 hours ago, FLY TIME said:

Very nice ties, how do you fish them? obviously on the bottom, but  pause and a slight move or strip, or a slow steady retrieve ? 

appreciate the feedback

Typically throwing these to fish that are actively tailing or crawling in the skinny stuff so not much movement needed.  But if blind casting I’d say a slight bumping along the bottom should yield good results 

11 hours ago, djohnson5198 said:

Hadn’t thought about eyes as a weed guard but seems like a good idea!  May have to try that out

Kinda slapped me up the side of the head too.  We move in and out of the mangroves and grass flats, then onto clear bottom. If it works, it would sure beat changing flies all the time.  If you get to it before me, the report would be a final nudge to tell my wife that chore season is closed for tying and fishing.  :D

Archived