Gas shock brackets

Capt. Troy

2 hours ago, Capt. Troy said:

Won't work for the front hatch. No Lip like that to attach. Too far back on that hatch.

It ain't the shock it's the mount. The link provided for the above is great for factory mounts. If you add them the stroke and length go by the mounting position. Most require the 30 lb psi shock to do the job.

As an add it is rocket science for stroke and length and position for the mount.

Hard to look in there when the hatch is closed to accommodate length and stroke.

You miss and it will open but won't close. Compressed closure is critical for a add on.

Measurements are critical!  I must have measured a dozen times for each hatch.  And I still drilled the holes holding my breath.  I tried to get Master Repair to install them for me, and they wouldn’t!  Chickens!  LOL

17 hours ago, Capt. Troy said:

Won't work for the front hatch. No Lip like that to attach. Too far back on that hatch.

It ain't the shock it's the mount. The link provided for the above is great for factory mounts. If you add them the stroke and length go by the mounting position. Most require the 30 lb psi shock to do the job.

As an add it is rocket science for stroke and length and position for the mount.

Hard to look in there when the hatch is closed to accommodate length and stroke.

You miss and it will open but won't close. Compressed closure is critical for a add on.

I got a 7 year old hatch monkey. I'll close him in there with a flash light. He'll do anything for 5 bucks.........

59 minutes ago, hurricane said:

I got a 7 year old hatch monkey. I'll close him in there with a flash light. He'll do anything for 5 bucks.........

Use him while he is affordable!  My nephew was $5 now at 11 it seems $20 is the going rate.  My niece is 4 and works for candy but you get what you pay for with her.

Archived