Adding a lifting eye/cleat style pop up.....

HewesYourDaddy

5 hours ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

Thanks, Hamfisted!

My 24 PF had the Accon Marine Bow Lifting cleat already installed when I bought it....I believe  Hobo in Brunswick had installed it, and it worked great every time....I had the boat 10 years and never had a problem with any cracking around it or nothing. That boat had several Accon products on it....the smooth rounded Bimini top mounts, which also were very durable. 

6 hours ago, fishmanjj said:

My 24 PF had the Accon Marine Bow Lifting cleat already installed when I bought it....I believe  Hobo in Brunswick had installed it, and it worked great every time....I had the boat 10 years and never had a problem with any cracking around it or nothing. That boat had several Accon products on it....the smooth rounded Bimini top mounts, which also were very durable. 

JJ, that's what I wanted to hear. Thanks. I think I will be ordering this assembly and installing myself. What makes me nervous is cutting the fglass on the deck. Measure 100 times, cut once.....

7 hours ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

Dave, I thought that also. If you look at it again, that price listed ($17.89) is just for the threaded rod and not the entire assembly. The entire assembly is near $300 on that site. I did find it for about $100 cheaper elsewhere.

Ha Ha. Yeah I was just perusing their website and must've grabbed the wrong link, my apologies.  But you get the idea. 

Here's a better price and link :  Accon Marine LIfting Cleat Complete Kit

I would also recommend the backing plate for the top cleat body. Use SS machine screws and nuts (big SS washers...) and thru-bolt the top cleat.

Accon Marine 6" Backing Plate

-Ham

Archived