Improved Cheese Grater

geeviam

I was going to do this mod because I always looking for ways to improve my boat but it seems like it may be a waste of time if you have a stepped hull.  I mean striving to get no air bubbles with the thicker cheese grater is battling the intent of the stepped hull which is to induce air bubbles for more efficiency.   I think it may be a waste of time for me since the boat was designed to have interrupted flow

• 1 year later...
On 1/29/2019 at 4:53 PM, JEM said:

I have one 1/4” drain hole at the center rear for pressure relief and one 7/32” hole at the lower rear corner for draining on the hill.Both of these holes are vertical.  This is the same configuration used by Geeviam and Mulligan.  My boat is a 2007V model.  I only have one baitwell, so I can’t advise about 2 wells.  But like has been discussed previously, I would start with this minimum number of angled holes, and add more as needed from trial and error.  It’s easy to add more holes, but not so easy to delete too many holes!  LOL Good luck.  Holler if you have any more questions.

Reviving old thread - I have the same boat and my grater ripped off. Sheared all bolt heads. I'm leaning toward cutting them flush with hull, sealing, and then building new lexan grater over the top. Screw holes will be offset slightly. 

What did you do for your broken screws?

Thanks!